Saturday, May 13, 2006

Delhi Diary

I wind up the Delhi leg of my All-India trip today, I now move on to Mumbai. Delhi was a useful stay of around ten days. But as always, in the end, it was the same old story of too many commitments and too little time. Here are a few thoughts/events that occured to me during the period:
1. Visited a few areas of Delhi which I had always sort of bypassed. Dariyaganj, Paharganj, Okhla, NOIDA Ph II, Greater NOIDA, the masjid on the ITO crossing and a few other places.
2. Strategy of introducing myself as a management trainee backfired on more than one occassion :( Will remeber my meeting with the MBD guy for a real long time.
3. Hometruth: MT doing a market survey is treated no differently than a salesmen doing a market survey.
4. Met a few really savvy baniya-traders, Really Really Surprised.
5. Thanks to VIP, Television proved a source of real hearty laugh after a real long time. Their new lucky draw campaign is tiltled 'chaddi pe gaddi'
6. Wondering if there is any auditing of all the freebie/lucky draw schemes happening. Opportunity to win a mercedes by eating a pack of biscuit seems too much to digest. Are these companies 'actually' giving any prizes?
7. Really regret not having a digicam, my handycam would be too cumbersome to carry to all the places I'm going to visit.
8. A miraculous incident, spotted Murali standing by the roadside the other evening (back in India after some three years). Ended up having dinner with TG.
9. Looking for info on the computer gaming industry in India.
10.Those around in Mumbai, Plz let me know good places to eat around Colaba.
11.Really amused with some of my conversations with Tarun of late. Tarun has a desk job now and I have a field job. Stories are similar but the protagonists have changed.
12.Boss at ITC is a tough guy to please, really not used to getting so-so feedback on my work. More than the project, it is more of a personal challenge for me now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home