Monday, April 17, 2006

Week 1

Plenty of firsts in this week for me, got an opportunity to travel by train after some 8-9 years as I was sent to the paper mill at Bhadrachalam. My first ever plant visit, and a awesome one at that. A huge 100 meter long, 2000 crore machine. Amazing. You'd never imagine that paper making would entail such technology and investment. Visited the Eucalyptus plantations on the banks of Godavari, stunning panoramic views. And also visited the sixteenth century Sri RamChandra Swami temple at Bhadrachalam. Felt nice. Got to office today by public transport, a crowded local bus. I've never travelled to office before on public transport, not a nice experience at all. Probably even using a local bus after a long long time. Had the famous hyderabadi biryani at a local restaurant on Sunday. Okie types. Actually, my office is close to this place called Paradise which is quite famous for its biryani, would try it some time this week. And in contrast to the software world where we were so used to 'weeklies', my project guide, GM - Exports has told me to see him twice every day. Plenty of danda here...
And the accomodation (mis)adventure continues, here's a list of places where I've had to sleep last week...
Monday : Some Marvel Residency at Punjagutta
Tuesday : Some Corporate Guest House, Begumpet
Wednesday : Friends place, Banjara Hills
Thursday : Macchlipatnam Express
Friday : Bhadrachalam
Saturday : Macchlipatnam Express, again
Sunday : Banjara Hills,
In all probability, I move to Bashirbagh area tonight...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ankur,

Try BAWARCHI Biryani place, my hyderabadi freinds say, its the best.

Seems like you are having a good time! ENJOY !

7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home