Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Hyderabad Blues...

Its been a fairly eventful couple of days for me at Hyderabad. I got here late Sunday (or early Monday if you please). Had a terribly difficult time in locating the place where a good old NSIT mate had booked me, and as things planned by my NSIT mates generally go, it never hapened the way it was planned. First, the address was a 'bit' wrong. Then when I called the number that I was given a lady picked up and shouted, "Is it the time to call someone!". Bechaara me had to take the help of the autowallah who kept reminding that 2 o'clock is a "danger time" in hyderabad. Finally i checked in a shady place called 'Marvel Stay Inn' at the Punjghatta crossing. I got a room at the second floor with a window which has a view of wall one and a half feet away (actually i asked for a ventilated room). The toilet is so small that you can wash your hands sitting on the pot (and have the shower at the same time). But lazy me, I'm still stuck up at that place which is setting me back by a cool eight hundred rupees per night waiting to get the ITC guest house for a couple of days. I hope that I get to know the city better in the interim to plan for a permanent acco in a better way (and BTW, the old NSIT friend would be back by then from a business trip).
As all Indian cities these days, Hyderabad too seems a prosperous city with malls, huge jewelry show rooms and big flashy cars. But the only thing is there are plenty of rags around and people sleeping on the streets as well. And its almost piping hot!
As for the company, those who have worked in a top class new generation technology firm and in some sales office of a B2B manufacturing firm will understand my feelings. I'm currently interning in the speciality papers division.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home