Wednesday, June 08, 2005

KBC and philosophizing with Jim


I hear that KBC is returning to the telly. And this is probably the final nail in the coffin. I used to be a huge Amitabh fan until he started selling chocolates, cold-drinks, pens, bank loans, paints, suitings, automobiles, televisions et al. Probably the only product that he is not promoting on TV is womens toiletries. And I'm sure it won't be long before someone has an idea of having Amitabh even in these commercials.

For those who know me this might be a mild shock as I've been a Amitabh fan for so long but I've resolved that I'm not seeing any of his movies or his ads for the next 6 months. Pray that the TV remote is able to stand up to my even more frequent fiddling. Akai TVs in any case are not famous for being robust!

For quite some months now, the evening tea has been the only high point of my day in office. I catch up with a couple of friends whom I connect well with. And isn't it a pleasure when someone understands the unsaid! As our paths start to diverge, I'd particularly miss my conversations with Jim, with whom I share an excellent rapport. We've had our differences too but it has all been very constructive (for me atleast). On more than one occasion, I've been made to realize my self-righteousness. Most of the philosophy of my life has taken shape in these exchanges. And tragically, as my last day here draws closer, the more interesting and more insightful our conversations have become.

I'd remember a couple of things which have shaped my thinking... (both related to my career etc.)

1. It is very difficult to have a long term goal when you are as confused as I am. Its better to have short term ones, things which give you the pleasure at that point of time. And doing all this probably some day you'd find your calling in life. In short, I'm following infatuations to find the love of my life (wife, plz forgive the analogy!)

2. If nothing is clear even then, work for money. That way there'll be fewer regrets.

And the there are dozens of thumb rules that I'v formed. How I'll miss my evening tea...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll surely miss communicating during tea sessions, after this it will only be talks.. and that too mostly on an uncommon platform.
however i will continue to sail thru the storms of this "sea of mediocrity".. and hopefully find and reach my next destination someday.

5:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have red this article ......
Tarun

7:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home