Monday, May 23, 2005

The rant of a soon-to-be-jobless, disoriented and ignorant ex-techie...

Yup, I've finally done it and it kind of feels weird. I won't have a job in 2 weeks time and before I get to K on 22nd, I'd be part of a statistic which I've never been before. Well, I'd be joining the "no. of educated unemployed in India". Its a weird feeling because I had everything that one could hope for: a fat salary, a loving family, few responsibilities and usually free weekends.

But I'm leaving all that behind in search of something which has been evading me, I'm trying to figure out the calling of my life. As of this 23rd day of May, 2005, I don't know what I want to do with this life.

Just had a prolonged discussion with my French manager who didn't do me any favours by saying this after getting my views on a few things,

"Ankur, I'm worried for you. You are not ready for managing people"...

phew....

He told me to do 3 things:

1. Base your decision on more information. Theres nothing called too much information.
2. In life, base your decisions on good experiences and not negative ones.
3. Read a book on personal management. 'Responsibilize' yourself ;-)

Of these, I'm making 2. as a thumb rule for my life, now onwards...

Actually it feels wonderful to talk to someone who is much more sensible and maturer than you. One thing I liked about this discussion was that at no point he seemed like trying to cover the ass of the management for my disillusionment, but he always had genuinely good things to suggest.
Time for lunch....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home