Monday, May 09, 2005

Kaal

I had a debilitating headache since yesterday. Actually, I happened to watch Kaal and my mind did not stop working ever since. I was trying to figure out the reasons behind making such a mistake, err... movie. It would be some brainwave, one must admit, which could inspire someone to venture into making Kaal.

Finally, Over one of those regulation ST Cafeteria lunches, I cracked the mystery. I now wonder what took me so long? The reason is so apparent and it cries to get noticed in the first five minutes itself. Yup, SRK had a hormonal surge, there wasn't another "chhaiya chaiyya" in sight, he teamed up with his old friend Karan Johar and they had SRK jigging and gigging with Malaika Arora for a couple of days.

Once they had this item song ready, they thought that they might well make a movie out of it. So they picked up the cheapest option for a story, a debutant (will-work-for-food) director, and a motley star cast. They never paid the stars anything, if you don't believe me, just have a look at Vivek Oberoi's expressions. Such uneasiness can only come either from severe constipation or major exploitation. The expressions of the rest of the cast do not suggest that Vivek's constipated, therefore, I deduce that Vivek and others weren't paid a dime for the movie. Afterall, it was SRK's movie. Ajay Devgan too sleepwalked through the movie, I think if Roshan Taneja does some good marketing, he has a prospective student in Ajay Devgan.

All that apart, I think SRK is a pervert. He is making a fool out of so many people just to get some kicks.

eeeeeks....

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

too good ...
ur loving wife

2:22 AM  
Blogger Ankur Pruthi said...

@wife: Thanks for visiting my blog, aapne apne keemti samay mein se kuch pal nikaale...

@gaurav: Abey tera response bada predictable tha, it always happens this way, you rarely buy my theories....

waise I can't see the 'unintended' pun...

5:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yaar ,
The story about faith looks like..... , u have told me earlier also , but i am not sure , secondly the remarks about Kaal are understandably good , vaise did u watched this movie alone ya sath maain bhabi bhi paki yeh movie dekh ke .
baki i also feel like passing time in delhi like you ,
now days,i am reading the auto biography of "ray kroc"..... inspired by your last article .
jabardast hai ... lakin ak point hai ki amaricans ka dil aur dimag kuch jaida hi openminded hota hai , ray kroc got married again in tha age of sixty aprox or sixtyfive .
BIG tharki's these americans.
chal bye
tarun

10:58 PM  
Blogger Ankur Pruthi said...

@Tarun: yaar biwi to mujh se bhi zyaada pak gayi ye fillum dekh ke... waise r u reading "making of mcdonalds" ya fir kuch alag hai ye...

BTW this a family blog, plz do not use 'unparliamentary' words ;-)

11:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yaar,
Where did u found out your "unparliamentry" words in my view. tell me i will amend those , baki i am yet to find out one.........
tarun

6:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i can never understand why people write reviews (if its one). If you like a movie (or do not ), how does it matter what a film critic says. I think kaal was a timepass movie and thats it.

7:13 AM  
Blogger Ankur Pruthi said...

Abey,

I don't know why ppl read reviews if they really don't care! seems too much spare time with a certain UK-bound dood...

11:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dont know what i am doing here. Actually, I had posted a comment sometime back which is when I also happened to register on this website. Wnted to know my login ... ergo. Read your post on Kaal, too good hai. ANyway, still cant locate my id, if you can please let me know.
Anant

10:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home