Monday, March 28, 2005

My Friend Thiru...

There was this guy who lived in an extremely backward village in Andhra. A village of 200 ppl and 30 houses. Where there wasn't any electricity till late 90's, and no telephone till a couple years back. A village which still does not have a pucca road. There isn't a school for 5 km's. And if there is a school there are no teachers. This is a story of a guy who lived there. Till he was in 9th standard, he hadn't had a teacher for hindi or maths in his 'school'. Still on the advice of a bus driver, his father sent him to a residential school to do his 10th. His irregular schooling had affected his studies, he started 10th at the bottom of his class, but in course of one year, ended up topping it. The villagers persuaded his father to let him pursue his studies, he did and topped his college. Got admitted in one of the top engineering institutes of this country but not in a creamy course, he worked hard, had a cgpa of 10.0 and was shifted to computer engineering and there he ended up with a class rank of 3.

This is the story of Annapurreddy Thirupathiah and this is what I got to know over lunch at caffarels, Sec-18 NOIDA today. Thiru as he is known, is one of the best if not the best software engineers in his group in NOIDA and I found his story truly inspiring. Thiru has succeeded against all odds and that is the best part of the story. We may crib day in and day out over the sad state of affairs and backwardness of our country but once in a while ppl like Thiru do inspire confidence. Come what may, if you have the talent and the fire in your belly you CAN make it.

Fortunately, I've been born in much more luxurious environments, and had to hardly struggle for anything, I take a lot of things in life for granted, maybe I can learn a lot from Thiru. But me being me, I know this amazing story would end up being just another anecdote in my repertoire, I had heard such stories before and I had heard of such people before but now I've seen one, and this is probably the first 'rags to riches by sheer hard work' story from one of my generation.

Good Going Thiru.

4 Comments:

Blogger bharatb said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:52 PM  
Blogger bharatb said...

Hats off to Thiru and to the person who make us familiarize with him.
Good going Ankur.
Keep it up.

3:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yep, thiru se really bahut kuch sekhana hai

ashish
www.geocities.com/ashishucr

5:00 AM  
Blogger Vijay said...

fortunate to be still consorting with thiru, unfortunate for me not to post this first, unhappy as i doubt thiru's parents could ever read this post, happy to see someone posted atlast. alas i, overwhelmed, am with mixed feelings. ankur, surprisingly, had the post of his life...

as a matter of me being pleased i wont tell anyone what ur college mate in ST revealed ur ***K secrets...
others please stop thinking of all four words ending in K...

7:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home