Monday, February 28, 2005

Thieves, locks and my M800

I'm planning to sell my old 'n faithful M800. It has served me well for more than 3 years. Has done 32000 odd kilometers without ever breaking down and has never needed a mechanic except for the odd denting job. Not only do I feel that maintaining two cars is prohibitively expensive but unsafe too. Both my Santro and M800 have survived attempts of theft. Last Wednesday, I was woken up at 3'o clock when watchman rang the bell and told me that two guys just ran off from my car after seeing him, I went out to discover that they had broken in my car. All the doors were open and windows too. Thankfully the good old Harrison lock at the steering joint was there. Not too long ago my mother discovered one fine morning that the quarter glass of Santro had been broken and someone had broke into the car, the gear lock saved me this time! I changed the manner in which i parked the cars at my place. Although bigger, Santro was inside and 800 was outside but now this happened. After Last week's dramatic episode, I put two steering locks (long rod ones), one Harrison lock and tie the car to the gate with a chain. I know it isn't foolproof but I hope it is deterrent enough. BTW, just before the lock of the main door, we are putting 8 locks these days!!! And considering our financial position, we needn't put any ;-)

All said, I just hope thieves aren't reading blogs these days...

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

load mat lo yaar, you have enough to let one of your cars get stolen by someone.

12:32 AM  
Blogger Ankur Pruthi said...

abe waise tere ko aise locks ke baar mein pata hai which can't be cut (that easily?). I'm thinking of buying one...

3:17 AM  
Blogger bharatb said...

Where are u putting up buddy????
Thieves are having a regular round at ur place.Be careful.
But I am unable to understand why 8 locks??????

3:05 AM  
Blogger Hazel Donovan said...

You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this topic to be really something which I think I would never understand. It seems too complicated and extremely broad for me. I’m looking forward to your next post, I will try to get the hang of it!
free car removal brisbane
car removal sunshine coast

8:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post. I used to be checking constantly this weblog and I am inspired! Extremely useful information specially the ultimate part :) I maintain such info much. I used to be seeking this particular information for a very lengthy time.
Thank you and good luck.
cash for cars melbourne city
scrap cars sydney

2:14 AM  
Blogger Delight Car Removal said...

Thanks for sharing. Wow, that was strange. I just wrote a really long comment but after I clicked submit my comment didn't show up. Grrrr... well, I'm not writing all that over again. Anyways, just wanted to say fantastic blog!
cash for scrap cars rocklea
cash for scrap metal

2:48 AM  
Blogger Meta Liz said...

Superb With specialized expertise in M800 models, Car Wreckers in Brisbane ensures seamless dismantling and salvaging, offering competitive prices for your wrecked M800.
Trust Car Wreckers Brisbane to handle your M800 with care, offering hassle-free removal, environmentally-friendly disposal, and fair cash offers for your damaged vehicle.

6:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home