Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Reprise

Sincere apologies to the handful of you who have been here once in a while, only to discover that this blog has not been updated in ages. It is not because the intervening period was uneventful, rather it was the bloggers block that held me back. Apologies also to the friends who have tried to contact me over the past couple of weeks and have not been able to reach me. Unfortunately, the net connection at home is unreliable and my Delhi number was inactive as I lost my mobile phone in Bangalore a couple of months back. 9818412212 is now back live!

All said and done, I hope I can start afresh today onwards. A rather eventful three-four months for me since I last blogged. My final presentation at ITC went off well or so I thought, not sure now because I have not heard from them again (no reimbursements as yet either :(). Fourth term at K was rather cool, probably the amount of effort that I put in the term would put my engineering days to shame. It's that weird feeling from my NSIT days again, I keep on planning and planning but nothing gets done. First it was French, I had all the material in the world - audio cassettes, books, dictionaries, DVD's and software for the past three months but only French that I speak till now is Bonjour, Salut and Au Revoir (and hopefully not in my thick punjabi accent). Then there were the stack of books that I got issued from the library, presumably to help me prepare for a consulting interview but all I managed was around hundred and eighteen odd rupees in fines for returning the books late, untouched. And of course, printouts of Warren Buffet's letters to Berkshire shareholders stay neatly packed in a folder, untouched again :) And despite my best intentions and efforts, my jeans and trousers remain ill fitting.

But its not that everything has been downhill, I was (somehow) nominated as the best marketing student at IIMK by my inst and as a result, I'll be getting a certificate and one time scholarship of 2500 Rs from the Samsika Academy. I'm off to ESCP, Paris to spend a term as part of student exchange program. I've got my French Visa, would get Swiss visa tomorrow and hope to get Schengen in the next 2-3 days. I'm looking for accomodation in various European countries, if you like this blog and would want to have me as a guest, plz do drop a line :) In any case, I'm looking for help/tips/information regarding travelling in Europe on a shoestring budget, so plz help me out if possible (I'm not taking the Eurail and would be using Ryanair + Car rental to move around).

P.S. Babbu Mann came up with an Okayish album caled 'Rabb ne banaiyaan jodiean' last month and the only movie I genuinely liked in this whole period was 'Lagey Raho Munnabhai'. I wish I could write a review like before but guess I'm too lethargic these days.....

4 Comments:

Blogger Vijay said...

congrats dude!
thats great going. keep it up. have fun in Paris.

3:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oye paaji...nice to see u blogging again :) and yes good luck for your european excursions!!

dhiman

5:17 PM  
Blogger reshu said...

Europe mein kahaan kahaan ghoomne ka plan hai?

3:51 PM  
Blogger Uma Maheswari said...

I am not sure, if you are still traveling in Europe! I did/doing bit of Euro trip. Check out easyjet for cheap flights and http://hostelworld.com/ for hostels...

5:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home