Saturday, June 25, 2005

Calicut Woes

I'm terribly homesick. And the weather is not helping me. Either it rains or it rains even harder. The moment it rains, something stirs me and churns my stomach. I long to be with those whom I love the most.
My loneliness has probably made me much more intense than what I usually am. I've barely smiled in 3 days and have hardly talked to anyone, save my neighbour who happens to be a fellow TG-ite from NSIT. And there is precious little to do otherwise but to attend some silly presentations. There is one going on right now in the auditorium where Toshiba guys are trying to push their laptops.
What I've seen in these 3-4 days, I must say, has not impressed. There is no intensity and its way too laid-back for my comfort. I came here bustling with energy and raring to go but cynicism has started to creep in now. All my doubts and reservations have begun to resurface. And I'm not sure if I'll get what I'm looking for.
I know its in ones best interest to back a decision which one has already made. But as I've wrote earlier somewhere, there's a certain amount of pessimism to my persona these days. I feel culpable for leaving my family behind. I doubt my own faculties. And I'm finding self-reflection tormenting. I've this dreary feeling of loneliness all the time. I'm conscious of my stuation but I'm unable to do anything about it.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

paaji dont worry...this happens when u r away frm home for the first time and u "know" u cant go back at ur will!! take ur time, stay +ve, focus on what u r there for...it will soon b fine.

dhiman

1:42 AM  
Blogger Ankur Pruthi said...

hmmm...

Dr. Dhiman, I hope this too shall pass...

AnkP

6:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heheh! Don't go by my blog. I'm naturally laid back.

You can be what you want to be at K. Push if you think you can carry on with it. It will help.

As for trivial issues like weather, food, etc. It's a question of adjustment. I suggest you take some time out and get to know the people of the two batches. You'll soon forget about those trivial issues.

8:45 PM  
Blogger Ankur Pruthi said...

@Karan: hehe, know what? saturday night's daroo party helped! feeling better already, hic ;-)

@Amit: ya, some 545 more to go

11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Ankur,
Try to concentrate and study. Do be critical of all the things all the time. Just chill and top your institute!
Best of luck!

3:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know it is just a passing phase .. and you have the atrength of character to fight it out.

2 things.

1. I'm concerned about you putting everything out on blog .. its your call .. but you know it as well as i do .. perceptions about a person get cast in concrete faster than what we think ... and takes hell of an effort to change them later.

2. "There is no intensity and its way too laid-back for my comfort. I came here bustling with energy and raring to go .."
It is a question of whether you want to govern 'your' universe or let it govern you ...

Another TG-ite.

5:50 AM  
Blogger Ankur Pruthi said...

@Chhabra: Nice to see you dost. The worst part is that I know that I'm being overly cynical...

@Another TG-ite: As for 1, I think I need to do a serious rethink about this, BTW I'm trying to keep my blog private, just a couple days ago, had to request someone to get the link of my blog off from his blog...
As for 2, you know very well how is it living next door to Bansal, who incidentally, sleeps 12-hours-a-day and sucks the intensity of the entire institute...

But seriously I get the point...

@gaurav: Will try 'n look at the positives more...

And thanks to all of you who have shown so much concern!

7:42 AM  
Blogger Ankur Pruthi said...

@Gaurav: oye, use "my friend" a couple of times and one starts sounding like Sidhu!

batter not use it...

7:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home